Posted on January 23, 2015 by Kelly
Baby Ari is here! Check out the post on my other blog Handprints and Pawprints for more details! (here)
Blogging will be sporatic for a while while things get settled, but I will be back soon!
Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »
Posted on January 16, 2015 by Kelly
Yep, still pregnant over here.
I saw a post similar to this over on Running In Chucks this morning, and decided it would be a good one for today. As with most people who are pregnant past their due date, I’m getting a little impatient, and honestly a little bored just sitting around and waiting. The house is ready, we are as ready as we are going to be, and I know everyone else is ready and waiting for news as well. Sometimes during this time it is hard to find positivity, so I decided a post about happy things would be a good way to start my day, so here goes.
- Fresh fruit. I know this isn’t really the ideal time of year to be loving fruit, but it has been a must in my diet the past couple of weeks. I will admit that my diet these past couple of months has been less than stellar, (being hungry all.the.time and getting tired easily makes pre-packaged and takeout very appealing options.) but the last couple of weeks has been better with the return of fresh fruit and more meals cooked at home.
- Speaking of fresh fruit, the Ninja Ultima Blender has made a return! I’ve decided that this will be the year that I learn how to make a delicious smoothie. I mean, smoothies aren’t difficult to make, you just need to throw in some fruits, veggies, liquids, whatever other things you want, and blend. But to make a smoothie that is the right consistency and tastes delicious takes a little more practice. I got The Part Time Vegetarian Smoothies and Juices Recipe Book (written by my blogger friend Tina of Carrots N Cake) for Christmas and I’m hoping it’ll at least give me some ideas and guidance for proper proportions. I think my biggest challenge is that I prefer my smoothies to be non-dairy – and I don’t mean just using a milk substitute – I mean that they are all fruit and vegetable and juice. I know it is more difficult to make that typical smoothie consistency with that type of formula, but if anyone has any tricks or recipes I’d love to know!
- Fresh chocolate chip cookies.
- Frequent trips to/pickup from Noodles and Company.
- Caprese sandwiches. This has been my go-to lunch for the past week or so. I will admit that I don’t put tomato on them, but the fresh mozzarella, fresh toasty sourdough bread, fresh basil, and lots of olive oil and garlic is an amazing combination.
- Molly posted a photo of Egg In A Bread In A Hole on her blog yesterday (a Sheetpan Suppers recipe of course) and I think it may be the next thing that I make from her cookbook.
Tell Me: What foods are making you happy this week?
Filed under: Words | Tagged: food, Happy | 6 Comments »