Hello, and Happy Friday!
I just wanted to pop in quick with some updates and things. This post is going to be pretty random and all over the place so bear with me!
- Just a reminder that if you’re looking for news about Baby Nigl, you’ll find it over on my new non-food-things blog Handprints and Pawprints. Most recently we found out the gender!
- Since I’ve been on a coconut water kick recently, I decided to try the VitaCoco Kids Apple Island because I’m starting to get sick of my normal pineapple and lemonade flavors. The juice was ok, but not my favorite. The apple flavor wasn’t very strong (like if you were drinking straight apple juice) but there also wasn’t much coconut flavor either – which is a good thing. I’ll finish up the ones that I have, but I don’t think I’d buy it again.
- If you’ve been reading for a while, you know that a few months ago I started writing “favorite things” posts each month. The last couple of months have been hard to write and still conceal the pregnancy, and as I started to write August’s post, I just felt like it was the same things as the past couple of months. Boring, right? I really like reading these posts on other blogs, but I just don’t know if I’ll continue to do them here. It doesn’t seem to make sense when they are the same repeated favorites each month. It’s possible just skipping August will get my groove back and I’ll have more interesting things to talk about for the September post, but we’ll see where that goes. How do you all feel about them? Love ‘em or leave ‘em?
- Who is headed to Taste of Madison this weekend?! I don’t have solid plans yet, but I’ll likely be headed down there at some point. Wondering what delicious things you should try? Check out some of my previous recap posts from 2010, 2011, and 2012! (apparently I didn’t make it down there last year.)
- A HomeGoods opened up in Madison and I’m super excited about it! I stopped there briefly for the grand opening but the lines were to long for me to buy anything. I’ll definitely be back!
- And a goofy pug photo just for good measure.