Why did I chose February? Honestly, it just came into my head one day that I should do it, so I decide to do it. After thinking about the relation of beauty to things I have going on in February and the month in general, I realized that there were more reasons why I should be doing it this month that make it even more worthwhile – even if I may not have thought of them to begin with. Here are a few:
- February tends to be a stressful month for me at work. I travel quite a bit, and have a lot of work on my plate that is generally time sensitive. Hopefully these notes will bring some joy into the stressful times.
- February 14 is Valentine’s Day. Even though this is a day of love for many, it can have the opposite effect on people who are not feeling so loved. Hopefully these notes bring love and joy to those who need it.
- The American Heart Association has declared February American Heart Month. I’m hoping these notes can help support those dealing with heart troubles – literally and figuratively.
- I will more than likely be going to see an Operation Beautiful presentation at the end of the month, so this fits right in to that idea.
- February 17th is Random Acts of Kindness Day. What better way to celebrate than to tell someone they are Beautiful?!
- This year, February has a Leap Day! What better way to celebrate an extra day in the year than with love?!
To keep myself accountable, I set up a Tumblr Blog (tumblog?) to share photos of the notes I post every day: OperationFebruary.Tumblr.Com
I also created a button that will be on my right sidebar, in case you forget