Things have been busy around B&Z Headquarters recently, and its been a while since I’ve updated you on my 101 in 1001 list progress. I have a few things that I’ve crossed off and a few more in progress that you should know about.
- #32 – I paid off my credit card! Ok, its not like I had a huge debt on it or anything, but every little bit counts! Plus, hopefully now some that money can go into paying off my student loans. Those are moving veeeery slowly in the direction of being paid off. I don’t even want to calculate when they will be paid off at this rate….
- #88 – My Operation Beautiful month is done! For the whole month of February, I left an Operation Beautiful not somewhere, once a day. I will admit that there were a few days that I did not find the right place and time to leave on for whatever reason, but I made up for it by doubling up the next day. I really think the hardest part of this project for me was thinking of something different to write on the note each day. Yes, I realize it isn’t absolutely necessary to write something different, but since I was posting them all to a blog I figured a bit of variety would make it more interesting.
- #92 – Get a Passport – This one is still in progress, but steps have been taken in the right direction. A few weeks ago was National Passport Day, which is apparently the one day of the year that you can go to a participating location (post office) without an appointment and apply for a passport. It also lands on a Saturday, which was perfect because we were having a hard time figuring out how we were going to be able to leave work in the middle of a weekday to go apply for a passport! We suspected the lines would be crazy, so we got there pretty much right when it opened hoping to beat the rush. We didn’t have too long of a wait, only about 30 minutes, so I’d say it was worth it. Oh, and we filled out all of our paperwork ahead of time so it was all ready to go when we got there which helped minimize our time spent there too! We don’t currently have any trips planned to use our passport, but getting it is a big first step! Since it takes a while to actually get the passport in the mail, we don’t have them yet but once we do, this will be crossed off the list.
- #2 – Knit an Adult Sweater – This one is in progress as well, but moving quickly in the right direction! My cardigan now has 1.5 sleeves, and there isn’t much left to finish after that. Exciting!!
- #11 – Learn More html – This just in: Coding is hard and can be annoyingly time consuming!! This goal is definitely still in progress, but I did learn a it while helping Lindsay figure out some issues with the Foodie Penpals button a few weeks ago. Kudos to those of you who code for a living, I mean I imagine it gets easier the more you do it, but man the tiny details are killer.
- I also just resigned from my volunteer position that I had been doing the past two years. It was a tough decision, but it got to the point where I wasn’t enjoying what I was doing anymore. The time it was taking up seemed to be increasing, which I didn’t anticipate when I started, and I just felt like it was something I had to let go of. Hopefully they will find a great replacement! I did log about 35 hours since I started my 101 in 1001 goal, so I’ll be looking for something in the near future to get some more volunteer hours towards my goal of 100!
- In case you missed it, I just finished my 3rd book for my “read 5 books” goal. You can read about that here.
So that is pretty much where I’m at right now. Checking things off on the list, slowly but surely.