Today marks TWO years of writing, photographing, and reviewing on this blog. I cannot believe that it has been two years already, time has flown and I’ve had a great time.
Just a few of the many highlights of the past year include:
I attended my second Healthy Living Summit! I met many new friends, and had lots of fun with old ones as well. While it was fun the first year I went, my second experience was even MORE fun! (I have a feeling that this August, my experience will be even better!) Oh, and I’m hoping not to have any flight delay issues this year either. Fingers crossed.
This year I started participating in the Foodie Penpals exchange! I’ve been doing it since January, and I’ve been having a blast. I love picking out different treats for people, and it is fun to get things in the mail too!
This year has been a big year for me for running. Mainly because, well at one point, I was running regularly. I actually ran 2 different races!! That is HUGE for me. I’m not a runner (I know, I know), but somehow I managed to run an 8K AND a 5K this year! Crazy. I’m still trying to run regularly even though I don’t have any upcoming races, but its tough. I should really find a 5K to sign up for in the near future for motivation.
Lots, and lots, and lots, of delicious food has been eaten. Froyo, cupcakes, steak, sandwiches, salads, and more.
It was a good year, and I think this year is going to be even better. I couldn’t have done it without all of you reading, so THANK YOU!
In celebration, I have a giveaway for you.
I’ve grown to like so many new foods this year so I thought I’d share the love and let you try them as well. (Full Disclosure: All of these items were bought with my own money.) It’s giveaway time!
Here’s what you’ll get:
- VitaCoco with Pineapple - coconut water has become a staple for me this summer. VitaCoco with pineapple is by far my favorite.
- VitaCoco with Peach and Mango - more coconut water, because I love it so much.
- 2 pieces of my favorite local chocolate - one s’mores and one exotic caramel.
- 6 Stretch Island Fruit Strips - One of my favorite healthy snacks – especially for travel!
- $15 gift card to Penzey’s Spices - Love this place. They have pretty much any spice or seasoning that you’d want. They started as a local Wisconsin company and have grown and are now nationwide! They have locations across the country, and you can also order online!
Here’s how to enter:
Leave a comment on this post with one new thing that you did this past year. A new activity, event, a new food you ate, just something new to you! For an extra entry, tweet about this giveaway with a link to this post: “Win some of @kellynigl ‘s favorite things and celebrate her 2 year blogging anniversary! http://wp.me/p1Lv7n-2mN ” and then post another comment telling me that you tweeted. You have until midnight of next Monday July 2, 2012 to enter, I will pick a winner using random.org on Tuesday July 3, 2012. Once chosen, I will contact the winner and they will have 72 hours to email me their mailing information. If they do not contact me, I will pick another winner.
The giveaway is now closed, check here to see if you won!
Here’s to many more years of fun!