This month I sent some goodies to a reader named Leigh Anne. I’m hoping she will do a guest post for me talking about what I got her, but I’m still waiting to hear back.
I was sent fun foodie things this month from Becky who blogs over at Crumbdoodles. (I love the name of her blog!) The packaging itself was even cute and thoughtful, so I had to share that with you.
The package included:
- 2 Larabars, chocolate chip cookie dough, and chocolate chip brownie – my absolute favorite flavors!
- a box of Annie’s Organic Shells and Real Aged Cheddar – this came in handy already on a busy night! I’m glad she sent me this because I’m a big fan of the Kraft blue box, and this was a pretty good, much more “real food” replacement!
- Strawberry Rhubarb Jam - haven’t tried this yet, but it looks very fresh!
- Maple Cookie Buttons – The husband got to these before I did, but somehow managed to save a few for me to try. I like the flavor a lot, it is slightly sweet and definitely tastes like maple syrup, but I don’t like how hard they are. They do grow on you though!
- White Chocolate Strawberry chocolate bar – haven’t tried this yet, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a flavor like this before!
Thanks so much for everything Becky!
-On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
If you want to sign up for the June swap, or have any other questions about Foodie Penpals, just email Lindsay (the fantastic organizer) at [email protected]