A few random things for you on this Labor Day Monday:
1) Last weekend was Taste of Madison! Of course I went, and ate, and enjoyed. I will have a full recap of my eats on the blog later this week!
2) Remember when I was in Chicago a few weeks ago? I owe you some restaurant reviews from that trip! Those will be coming up this week! I also have a couple of other Madison reviews coming but hopefully the shift will go from mostly restaurants (like I feel like it has been the past few months) to mostly recipes. Hopefully. That being said….
3) I actually made a real meal last week! Baked cod and zucchini fries – here’s proof:
The bad news is that it didn’t turn out great. The zucchini fries were good, although they could have had more breading. The fish had a weird texture in the center for some reason. It was cooked through but it definitely did not have a flaky fish texture. Did I overcook it? Was it because I used frozen instead of fresh? Anyone?
At least I tried, right?!
4) I am not a fan of nut butters. I extremely dislike peanut butter and definitely do not like almond butter either. It might surprise you that I ordered some Nutty Butter from The Smart Kitchen. I ordered the cookie dough flavor knowing that the husband would definitely enjoy it and maybe I would give it a try too.
Since it didn’t smell at all like peanut butter…or really even nut butter… I decided to give it a try. So I took a spoonful…and then another…. man it is good!! I really think the swirls of chocolate are what makes it so delicious. That little bit of added sweetness makes me think that I am eating something much different than nut butter. Well done, Sarah! Now please start selling them wholesale so I can get my local grocery store to carry it
5) I am so excited that it appears the weather is cooling down! I know a couple of months for now I will be wishing for the warm weather again, but I am SO excited for Fall to be here! Warm coffee, knitting, college football, boots, cardigans, mmmmmm…….
Hope everyone has a great week!!
Filed under: Words