I sure do love this cooler weather that we’ve been having. I know not all of the country has gotten the cool-down yet, but hopefully it is coming soon everywhere!
Some things for you on this Tuesday:
1) You know how I told you a few weeks ago how I wanted to make more “real” meals at home again? I’ve been semi-successful!
I’ve made my own version of macaroni and cheese which was eaten on a bed of spinach….baby steps…
I made the husband meatloaf! I used this Alton Brown recipe but skipped the bell pepper and used onion powder instead of whole onion. He really liked it, especially the slightly sweet sauce over the top.
I made the first chili of the season! I’m a big fan of the 5 Step Chili from How Sweet It is, with ground chicken instead of beef. I’m thinking it might be time to break out of the box though….anyone have a recipe for a chili using steak? Please send them my way if you do! Or, really any other delicious chili that you have, I’m willing to try something new as long as it isn’t to complicated.
2) Did you see the great article about the Madison food blogging scene in 77 Square last week? You can find it here on Madison.com if you haven’t seen it. I am lucky to be a part of this article, and there are many other great bloggers in it as well. It is definitely worth checking out!
3) Speaking of the Madison food blogging scene, Sequoya Library on the west side of Madison is having a food writers panel discussion on September 27th from 7-8:30pm. I will be on the panel with a bunch of other great food writers and I would love to see you there! More information on the Sequoya Library website. (Information no longer available)
4) Today is the last day to enter my giveaway for three months of ad space on HealthyLivingBlogs.com! Head over to this post and tell me why you love the blogging community to enter! I will pick the winner this evening!
5) Cowboy Boots – Yay or Nay?
I didn’t buy these because I just can’t decide! I want to like them….but I just don’t know. I need the advice of all of you fashionable people!! I have a coupon for DSW burning a hole in my pocket. I know I don’t NEED more boots…..