My two favorite dresses from the Oscars:
I’m a huge fan of the sparkly metallic anything, and I actually really like the crazy straps on Kelly Osbourne’s dress!
Email newsletters that I’ve recently subscribed to and am loving:
1. MotoMonday. Jessica sends out this newsletter every Monday and each one has a simple thing that you can do to have a healthier and happier life. I love that it is just one to focus on per week, and I also love that they really are super simple things like taking a deep breath, or finishing something you’ve been putting off. You can sign up here.
2.theSkimm. This one is delivered to my inbox every weekday and it basically is a rundown of noteworthy things that have been happening. I love that it covers a wide variety of topics: politics, weather, pop culture, technology, and everything in between. The newsletter gives you a quick glance at what is going on (like if you were skimming the article) and provides links to further information if you are interested in reading more. Also, it is written in a fun, conversational, way which in all honesty makes things like the international politics and US air wave regulations a little more interesting to read. You can sign up here.
Movies we watched recently:
1.Butter - streaming on Netflix. Heather blogged about this movie a few weeks ago, so we thought we’d give it a try. Many great actors and actresses are in the cast – and many of them playing slightly different roles than they typically play. (Hugh Jackman and Jennifer Garner for sure.) This comedy is and a little odd at times, but definitely entertaining and worth watching.
2.Wanderlust - HBO. Every weekend HBO adds a new movie to their line up. Sometimes it is an awesome new movie that we somehow missed in the theater, sometimes its a really random movie that no one has heard of, and sometimes it is a movie that is kind of in-between. This would fall under the in-between category. We had head of it, but had to go to the internet to look up more information. We decided to give it a shot, and it turned out to be a good one! It is a bit odd as well, but the characters were interesting and entertaining, and it was a fun movie for a Saturday night.
Fun pug things from the internet:
1. This gif is hilarious – I love how it looks kind of angry at first but then turns into its goofy pug self. Also – IT IS SO TINY!! I <3 Pug puppies.
2. This dress. I want it badly.
If only it was a bit less expensive…
Other Wisconsin blogs recently added to my Google Reader:
1. Wine and Glue – Lisa shares a little bit of everything on her blog: crafty projects (like these bird feeders), recipes, kid stuff, and more!
2. Vegan Mother Hubbard - Don’t be scared off by the V word. Yes, Sandra doesn’t eat animal product, but that doesn’t mean her recipes are any less delicious! (Like this Lemon on Lemon on Lemon Pound Cake) On her blog you can also find fun glimpses into her life, which includes two adorable twin girls, travel around Wisconsin, and more!
Current favorite nail polishes:
1. Essie fun in the gondola - a great, professional looking color that is a bit bolder than many other pinks without being super bright.
2. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear, Pacific Blue - a nice bright blue color for when I need to add some color and brightness to my life. (I’m wearing it in this post)
Happy Tuesday, have a great week!
*Twosday post inspired by Heather *
*Some of the links in this post are Amazon Affiliate links so if you click and buy the product through them you are doing a small part to help keep B&Z up and running. Thanks for all of your support!*